skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Thankful!

Wow! I have got to say that I am glad that Christmas is over, at least the commercial part of it. I learned a lot this year. I have made some New Year's resolutions for next year: no holiday baking (at least my version of it which entails making at least 10 different things), no Christmas parties and limited sewing projects. Hmmm, sounds like taking those things out might ease the stress a bit. All in all I enjoyed doing every one of those things and they were all simple in and of themselves. However, lumped together, not so good. But you know God gave us a life to live and not a year to live because it will take us that entire time to figure things out, and even then, at the end of our life, we will still be left with room to grow. God has been showing me that I don't need to linger in guilt over not having it all together but rather accepting it and enjoying the journey. That is what we're on, a journey. I guess I really do want to be perfectly prepared for whatever but what am I Wonder Woman? The true Wonder Woman is the one that doesn't throw in the towel but keeps going even if it's at a snail's pace.
The expectations that I have on myself are unrealistic and cause me stress and cause me to be impatient with the kids, which is not fair to them. But alas, I am making changes and if feels SUPER!
The picture at the top is of all of the kids on the Sprenger side of the family, all the cousin's kids (except for Leah and Ruth). They were so cute and were actually pretty patient getting the picture taken.
So yes, the title of this entry, Thankful: I have once again been reminded of how fortunate we are in America. Christmas gifts galore, amazing health ( for most of us) and good medical treatment if we need it. We not only have roofs over our heads but beautiful ones at that, and full of nice furniture, a million choices of clothes to wear and food to get fat on. So many all over the world are dying of hunger and disease .............and we get cranky if we don't get our Starbucks!
Just a little perspective that's all. Trying to give it to the kids too, they get it in small ways but can't fully comprehend it all now. I just feel overwhelmed with gratitude and i hope you do too!
1 comment:
Hey Christie,
I finally got a chance to check out your blog! Your family is absolutely adorable. You guys look so happy! Your paintings look good! You have a definite style and I can see what type of look you are drawn to. I think your paintings will go from good to excellent in no time. Once you understand how to mix your colors, and learn some basic shading techniques, you will really take it to the next level and see a vast improvement. I can't believe you haven't had any formal training. If you get a chance pick up these 6 colors of acrylics...
1. titanium white
2. cadmium yellow (medium hue)
3. cadmium red (medium hue)
4. alizarium crimson
5. pthalo blue or windsor blue
6. ultramarine blue
You can pick them up from any arts supply store. My favorite is Art Media(Portland or Clackamas) and my next fav. is the Craft Warehouse. I'm not a fan of Micheals. Anyhow, with those colors you can mix any color including black. I'll teach you the rest when we start class. Also, be thinking about a painting you would like to tackle. You should pursue your photography as well or maybe incorporate some pics. into a painting. You are very talented and I'm excited to see you grow!
Elida
Post a Comment