Saturday, December 8, 2007

Artwork


I have been wanting to post some of the paintings I have been working on for a while but have just now gotten all the pictures together. I still have 2 or 3 that need to be photographed (hopefully better quality than the ones I am going to post). I also have a couple that are in the works that should be done soon. I started painting probably 3 years ago but have done a lot in the last year. I really enjoy seeing things come to life on the canvas but don't really know the techniques just yet. I am replicating a lot of things to gain some experience. I enjoy watching Bob Ross and a couple of other painting instructors on TV even though I don't personally care for any of their styles. It has given me a bit of an understanding as to how to get started anyway. I have done some originals which has been fun, I guess probably and equal mix of originals and replicas. The painting you see above, "Rustic Pear" was one I did for the Portland Symphony's annual auction. A lady that I used to do some gardening for actually ended up buying it so that was really great.

1 comment:

erin said...

I absolutely love the colors in that one.