Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ch ch ch ch ch changes...................


Wow, so much has changed from the
"I'm in a band" entry. To make a long story short, the traveling worship band (or so I thought) ended up morphing into a band that would write and perform songs in local clubs and venues. It was very fun and cool to be writing songs and being in a band with Ben. So to make the long story short........I ended up realizing that singing in a band and making music was not what I woke up thinking about. I enjoyed it but felt as though I was going to keep the rest of the band back because my passion didn't match theirs. So, it's looking like a new lead singer has been found so look forward to some great music coming soon. Ben and I still hope to do something low-key together so we'll see where that goes.

In other news I have started taking an art class from a girl I went to high school with. She is having all the students do an art exhibit for emerging artists at a local yoga studio in town. I entered about 7 or 8 pieces in and she helped me price them (way higher than I would've thought). They were all pieces that we have hanging in our house. Noel and daddy helped me name all of them which was a relief to me because that is not my forte. I just got news yesterday that one of my pieces sold! My first one! It was the one that Noel named "lonely meadow."
I am still in complete shock but am very excited about pursuing a heavier interest in this. I have a new series of paintings started already so, I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

erin said...

Congrats on your first sale! Well, you are amazing - never doubted your talent for a minute. You deserve big bucks!

Stephanie Breuner said...

We will see you tonight.

hey, if you do something "low-key" musically (those are your words not mine, so no pun intended)I would love to be involved. Might be fun: the Sims/Breuner family band. I think you and I are on the same page when it comes to pursuing music and being mommas.