Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ace of Cakes anyone?



So, one of our favorite family shows is Ace of Cakes. Seen it? It's amazing what they can do with cake. We all enjoy seeing what Duff and the gang are going to come up with. They mostly work on fondant cakes. Needless to say the show inspired me to try my hand at it. I first attempted Annabelle's soccer cake above with homemade fondant. It tasted pretty good but was a bit greasy and harder to work with so for Noel's birthday I tried the store bought stuff (not cheap). It tasted.....well, let's just say it looked pretty but you didn't want to eat it. It was very fun to work with and Noel loved it. She actually designed the cake herself with the little curly bobs on top. The castle cake in the middle was for Leah's 7th birthday! Love this pink and princess phase. I'm glad I finally gave into it all. I plan on making something fun for Sydney's birthday this summer. She says she wants the same cake as last year. I am going to try and talk her into something else.

1 comment:

erin said...

Kissa and I are total fans of Ace of Cakes. She makes amazing cakes with fondant...and we agree...it looks waaaay prettier than it tastes! She did a cool Luau cake for Bryan's 38th birthday (2 years ago) complete with Plumeria blossoms and a surf board. I LOVE yours! So pretty! I'll stick to paper crafts myself!