Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Our Church - Our Passion

We have been at our new church now for almost 2 years now. The story is amazing about how God brought us here but to make it short - God joined our hearts together to go and lead worship in this brand new church where they were going to worship to DVD's. Not that that would have been horrible or anything but come on, live music is much better. We thought that it would be just Ben and I going solo for a good while - pretty much bare bones - but as God would have it, we have had a full band nearly from the beginning. Our drummer, guitarist, bassist and back-up singer all drive in from different locations in Oregon. Yes, we meet in Vancouver. It's quite amazing. We have a super committed group of people that show up each week with a passion to serve. A lot to be thankful for.......... Ben has morphed into this amazing worship leader. It has been so awesome to see it all happen. Although his addiction to Starbucks is still thriving, he is equally addicted to his music. When he's not fighting fires and saving lives, he is working on new things to add to our worship experience. It's always changing which is fun and challenging. We are now playing to a click (metronome) and he is throwing in a drum sequence here and there to add more depth to the drums. We've been able to add in synth sounds and other various strange, yet appealing sounds on the keyboard now that he is leading more. Yes, that means I am on the keyboards. I know how to play the piano so I am learning a new instrument. It's been a lot of fun........ We have had a bit of a challenge learning to work together in a creative environment. We've had a time or two when practice was more like an episode of the Jerry Springer show. Yikes! Working on that ............- if I would just be quiet we'd probably be just fine. Like the book of James says, "be quick to listen and slow to speak." ........... There's a novel idea. It really works! God is working in us and through us as a worship team. We've learned to really celebrate in worship and that it's ok to have fun in church........... We wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

3 comments:

erin said...

Tell me again where your church is...I need a home church more localized I think!
I am so happy you have a blog! I'll add you to my favorites...and I have one too, so I hope you'll read it!
I miss you guys - Erin C.

Stephanie Breuner said...

welcome to the blogging world. I have added you to the homepage on my blog.

Tremaine said...

What a great way to share! I wish I could fiqure this out! Well someday. Myspace will have to do for now. Hope things are going well which they sound like they are.

Love and encouragement,

The Tremaine's