Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My first wedding cake......thanks Ben!


So, one Sunday at church Ben tells me that he volunteered me for our friend's Sam & Nathalie's wedding. I assumed he meant singing or something but oh no, he volunteered me to make their wedding cake. I was a bit taken back as I have only dabbled in cake making......and just for our kids really. Anything that is not a cake from Safeway looks good but come on, a wedding? On the flipside I was totally flattered and enjoyed that my man had such great confidence in me. After thinking it over I decided to do it. They decided on Red Velvet with Cream Cheese icing. It turned out great and they loved it, however, I will NEVER make a wedding cake again! So much pressure....I mean it's someone's biggest day and I don't want to be responsible for screwing it up (which I almost did).

1 comment:

Stephanie Breuner said...

the cake looks great! I like your new photo at the header of your blog.