The second painting is the one I was "commissioned" to do for my Grandpa's 80th birthday. I wanted to show a certain part of his life and that was his mission work to Mexico. This was my first hand at a collage technique. I layered the whole canvas with writings, maps and descriptive words of my Grandpa and then painted over the top, leaving some of the words and pictures to show through. This isn't quite the finished project because I also painted the frame but here is the main idea. It was a lot of fun! Love you Grandpa!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Painting for Grandpa and one for a friend!
The second painting is the one I was "commissioned" to do for my Grandpa's 80th birthday. I wanted to show a certain part of his life and that was his mission work to Mexico. This was my first hand at a collage technique. I layered the whole canvas with writings, maps and descriptive words of my Grandpa and then painted over the top, leaving some of the words and pictures to show through. This isn't quite the finished project because I also painted the frame but here is the main idea. It was a lot of fun! Love you Grandpa!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Those are amazing. I can't believe the detail in your grandpa's painting. Totally crazy amazing. You are a real artist...and your hair looks fantastic.
both of those are great. I am sure they are going to be treasured.
Post a Comment