Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Camping with Kids!




Well, we just got back from quite the camping trip. We went to Shortsands (where all the surfers go) about 20 minutes South of Cannon Beach. It was very tiring, to say the least. I had to do nearly all the planning and packing (I know, boo hoo) because we left as soon as Ben got home from work. When we left it was pouring down rain...not too encouraging. The weather surprisingly turned out to be really nice. Noel and I got to go on a couple adventures while daddy and sister took a nap. We ran from the waves, walked on the rocks in the river/creek that ran into the ocean and went for a hike. If you ever have a chance to camp here, do it. You camp in this beautiful wooded setting but can walk 1/2 mile down to this awesome beach enclosed on three sides by rock cliffs. We enjoyed eating junk food, that we never normally eat, and had s'mores. The girls really looked forward to the s'mores and then didn't really eat them. We had a great fire that daddy built - that was our peace and calm after the girls went to bed. All in all we had a memorable time but we both thought we would go insane several times during the two days.

2 comments:

erin said...

That sounds so fun! We usually go to Nehalem Bay State Park. It's super clean and you can play in the ocean, and there's a few playground structures and place for the kids to bike ride. It's $30 a night per space and so worth it! Kelly and I go a few times every year with the kids. I love the pic of Ben with the girls. I love that he's a daddy.

brittany said...

we love cannon beach but will have to check out where you camped. sounds like a fun place.