Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Trying my hand at painting!



As if I don't have enough things that I like to do, I decided last year that I really really really wanted to start painting. I can see in my mind what I want to paint but don't have the training to know how to use the materials or how to make it all easier but nonetheless I decided to give it a try anyway. So for the last year I have been replicating other paintings or doing slight variations of them. I have painted quite a few for family and friends to gain some (very little) experience. I did one for my mom (no pic yet) and a set for my cousin Codee (my favorites - no pic yet), one for our church (the one above with the boxes that says "freedom"), the pear (above) for an auction for the Portland Columbia Symphony (my friend's mom ended up being the buyer which is so cool) and then the top picture is actually a set of two that are going in our bedroom above our bed (inspired from a pillow I got from IKEA) and then I did one for Ben's Sister and Brother in law (no pic yet). More to come, I have promised 3 other people paintings and am really looking forward to doing it. I am thinking here and there about going back to school when the kids are both in school for some art classes. Really looking forward to that. But in the mean time, I will paint!

4 comments:

erin said...

Gorgeous stuff! You are so creative anyway, I think you could do anything spectacular. I wish you'd scrapbook. You'd be such a natural.

The Cantrells said...

I love your paintings! They are beautiful! I would love to have one someday. You could make some money selling them!

Stephanie Breuner said...

Good for you. You are never to old to keep learning something new and trying things you love

Mrs. D said...

Hello those are AWESOME... love the pear. Also, to answer the question about my wall art. Yes it is on canvas and done with scrapbook paper. Link to "shannon's blog" off my site and you can get the directions.